You are using and loving OneNote, right? In OneNote Essentials training, we discover how this program opens up tons of possibilities for organizing thoughts, integrating Outlook items, and so much more. One feature I talk briefly about in this training, but can’t show in detail, is the nifty Add-On you can use in your browser of choice. These Add-Ons can streamline organizing information you are pulling from the web.
OneNote Browser Add-On Downloads
About half of you are using Chrome, about a quarter are using Firefox, and the other quarter one of the other browser options.
Here is the good news… Regardless of your browser of choice, the link below will detect your current browser and send you to the appropriate download. If you use multiple browser programs, you can open it in each one (Chrome, then Firefox, etc) and download the clipper for each program.
1. Select Get the OneNote Web Clipper
2. You will be redirected to the appropriate log in page with a button allowing you to add the clipper to your browser.
After the clipper is installed, it will appear:
- Chrome/Firefox/Edge: to the right of your address and search bars
- Safari: to the left of your address bar
The first time you click on the clipper, you will be prompted to log in to your OneNote account. This will give the clipper access to place your selections into your OneNote notebooks.
To log in, remember:
1. Your email is your myWSUID@wichita.edu (e.g. A123Z987@wichita.edu).
2. Password is your usual myWSUID password.
3. You will be redirected to a Shocker log in page; this will look familiar if you have taken the OneDrive training.
4. You will likely be asked to Duo, so be sure to have your device of choice at the ready to authenticate.
Once logged in, check out the clipper! You have a choice of clipping:
- Full page
And, you can select a location to place your clipping. Select the dropdown by Location to see your OneNote notebooks and folders.
What do you think? Do you think you will use the clipper?
Congratulations, Power Users!
Congratulations to our newest Power Users! For the full gallery, and more information about the WSU Microsoft Office Power User Program, please visit: wichita.edu/poweruser